Re: PVC Pipe - Plastic Wrap Coating

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

Sand the PVC inside and outside. Then wipe down with alcohol. Avoid the water and soap (may contain traces of a semiconductor --- bad at HV).

We have a PVC pipe mfgr in Madison, WI.  One day, as I was picking up a
pickup load of PVC, I noted a worker filling a cup that feeds the extrusion
die.  I asked him what it was.  He said it is a special type of grease that
aids the PVC extrusion process.

I took a sample home and tested it with a small handheld TC, and guess what?
It's conductive.  It leaves behind a "glossy" look on the surface of the
PVC.

Sand this off inside and outside before sealing.  It's only a small amount,
but why not spend the extra 5 min and do it right.

Dr. Resonance

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 10:38 AM Subject: Re: PVC Pipe - Plastic Wrap Coating