Re: 3rd harmonic trap

Original poster: Jimmy Hynes <jphynes@xxxxxxxxx>

Using a series LC as a band pass filter wouldn't work so well either.
Like before, it won't resonate at the harmonics natural frequency, but
it will resonate at a new frequency with the filter. It's like having
two sets of series LCs. they wont resonate at their own frequency, but
there is a frequency that it'll resonate at. Just find the equivalent
since their just in series, you can treat the two Ls and the two Cs as
a single inductor and a single capacitor.

Are you actually having problems with the driver locking onto the
wrong frequency, or is it just to be safe? I think the only way to
keep other frequencies out is to filter in the smarts so that it won't
drive at any other frequency.