Re: LC III

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

Transmission line theory did have some application in very early coils where
they were just running 1-2 inch dia toploads and long, skinny coils.  Also
vac tube coils with their long 2 inch dia. skinny coils did seem to apply to
TL effects.  They were essentially "ham radio antennas" with a small
capacitive hat topload.

TL theory, as Paul & Terry correctly point out, has nothing to do with large
dia coils and huge toploads.

Dr. Resonance