TOPLOAD (TOROID)

Original poster: "Medina, Benjamin (UMR-Student)" <bamxbb@xxxxxxx>

Hello folks. I have another question.

To match the capacitance obtained from the software's online (for the
toroid), can I just purchase any size aluminum duct from Lowe's or Home
Depot (say 4"x8' piece or 3"x8' piece)? Or do you I have to physically
measure the capacitance of my toroid once it's been constructed?

Correct me if I am wrong but if the following is true, then it the
statement above does not really matter:

The larger the capacitance on the topload (i.e., the larger the toroid),
the more turns I would need to tap to get the TC to tune?

The smaller the capacitance on the topload (i.e., the smaller the
toroid), the less turns I would need to tap to get the TC to tune?

Since I have around 14.7 turns, the point of tap must occur on the 14th
turn or less.

Your comments and remarks will be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Ben Medina
Rolla, MO.