Re: Terry's DRSSTC - Class of Operation?

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry,
          You're heading towards CW operation (some way to go yet
though). That first picture appears to be without a significant
output discharge (maybe air streamers only?) - the rings will
disappear a lot faster when the coil connects with something. I'm not
sure how new this really is. I found it was quite possible to achieve
even closer-to-CW operation (Like virtually no sag between bangs with
bangs just several cycles apart) with a disruptive coil using a
MOSFET gap timed to sub-uS tolerances. That was without any discharge
of course and also at much lower power than you are running. I came
across some scope photos of those expts while wading through a pile
of shots looking for the Marx-related pics I promised I'd dig out.

Malcolm