X-Ray Transformer VERY Scarred!

Original poster: "Daniel Koll" <dk_spl_audio@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I was going to take out those rectifiers in my x-ray transformer and thought of something. Do you think this can contain PCBs? I got the cover off and the oil (or PCBs) splashed a little and got on my hands and face. The smell was pungent but not overwhelming. I started to feel sick breathing it in.
The color is about the same as new motor oil. I can almost see to the bottom (it is about 12" tall) I am now very scarred and have not touched it since the thought came to my mind. What could happen? Is there a way to tell if it is PCBs? The thing is probably around 35-40 years old. There is no markings of any kind on the case.

I have some other question too but the above is my main concern. First, if some oil drips out is that ok? It was so full that when I took the lid off some poured out. Second, it had a cork type gasket and it is now broken up, what should I do to make sure it is completely sealed again? Thanks