Re: Terry's DRSSTC - Class Of Operation?

Original poster: Davetracer@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 5/2/2005 11:30:34 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
However I don't want to sound too jaded about computer
control. I have just been working (with Finn Hammer) on
a special SSTC interrupter that gives an output that
looks and sounds like a lightning strike. It uses a PIC
micro to generate a fancy sequence of bursts that we
figured out by trial and error. We couldn't have done
that with a couple of 555 timers :-p

Steve
Conner

Personally I'd be tempted to try a 6502 processor. The thing is darn near a RISC, gets stuff done in 1-3 cycles, and is now available in up to 20 Mhz versions. You can code in assembly or use many a different language for it. (6502's are commonly used as dedicated micros in modems to do stuff like on-the-fly compression).

    -- thanks,

    Dave