Re: Terry's DRSSTC - Class Of Operation?

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Dave,

Now that sounds like a fun project idea! I have a couple of old Apple II+'s hanging around that still work. Overclock it and if it takes a hit, no great loss.

David E Weiss

Original poster: Davetracer@xxxxxxx
Personally I'd be tempted to try a 6502 processor. The thing is darn near a RISC, gets stuff done in 1-3 cycles, and is now available in up to 20 Mhz versions. You can code in assembly or use many a different language for it. (6502's are commonly used as dedicated micros in modems to do stuff like on-the-fly compression).

    -- thanks,

    Dave