Suitable TC design

Original poster: Adam Clough <tesla.nz@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello all,

I have been looking into TC's for a while now and have decided its time to build one.

Couple of 'noob' questions first though:

1. What sort of background/ experience is recommended for building TC's.... safely :)
I do home wiring etc but have no experience with HV.

2. Can someone please recommend a coil 'design/ plan/ schematic' suitable for a 6kv 30ma NST?
Prefer fairly traditional design, for first one. more interested in spark (characteristics/ quality ?) than distance.

Thanks in advance
Adam

P.s Any Kiwi coilers here??

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.11.7 - Release Date: 9/05/2005