Re: cap/mmc inquirery

Yes, .008 to .0085 would work good. The xmfr current may not be able to recharge a .01 fast enough to hit a lot of pulses which helps "grow" the plasma and spark length.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance with a 10KV 23ma source is 6.1nf, so shouldn't he use something closer to 10nf.

Gerry R

23 mA xmfr would work good with .007 uF, so 21 caps of .15 uF 2 kV in series for .0071 uF will work well with a copper tube subdivided sparkgap.

Dr. Resonance

hellow everyone, i am oredering some 0.047 1000V polypropelyne film caps for my MMC. i dont know how many i should buy tho... i have about 30$ and the caps cost $1.19 each. I am most likely using a 10KV OBIT as power source running at 23mA. Help would be very good, thanks

Daniel from Canada

_