Re: option 1 or option 2. - Option 3!

Original poster: "Jon Danniken" <danniken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I agree with you here.  When I built my first coil (Charles Caringella's
"BigTC") I was lucky to be able to afford some glass plates for a glass
plate capacitor.  It didn't perform as well as a lot of the coils do now,
but I was happy with it..  It also gave me better chance to learn about
electronics in general, so that I was more able to be comfortable in
modifying and choosing components with at least a basic understanding of how
they work.

Jon