Re: option 1 or option 2. - Option 3!

Original poster: "Mark Broker" <mbroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Salts dissociate in water. In other words, the ionic bonds are broken and the "free" ions "hang" in the water. They won't leave solution (no danger).

No, they don't look quite as nice, and the bulk can be a hassle, but buying the cheapest 6-pack from the store, a carton of table salt, and a Rubbermaid bowl large enough to fit all 6 bottles with little room will cost less than half an MMC. And that leaves you with some spending cash, which you will almost certianly need for "something you forgot" (happens to me way too often! ). The little bipolar tabletop my uni's physics department had used a rolled cap in a 5 gallon bucket. It was bulky, heavy, ugly, and leaked, but it worked. Also, if it matters, Tesla himself used wine bottles. ;)

Cheers!

Mark Broker