Re: Magnifying Tesla Coils

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 11/17/05 1:29:38 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Thinking along these lines, then, couldn't you (theoretically) create
>as many primary-secondary drivers as you wanted, connect them all to
>the same top load, and connect a single tertiary coil to that top
>load?  I don't know if this would actually sum up the individual
>voltages generated by each individual secondary, I'm sure it has to
>be more complicated then that.

The *biggest* problem I can think of with this arrangement, is synchronizing the waveforms in all those primary-secondary drivers. Perhaps if you ran them all in series and/or parallel off the same spark gap?
More feasibly done in solid-state; indeed, there have been some posts here within the past year about topologies to couple multiple drivers to a single transformer core to generate high voltage output while isolating the drivers from each other.

-Phil LaBudde