Re: Tesla Receiver Coil

Original poster: Davetracer@xxxxxxx In a message dated 11/25/2005 7:53:53 PM Mountain Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 11/25/05 3:49:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The Colorado Springs Notes is one of the biggest
>bodies of writing that Tesla left us. When reading it
>I was often surprised by how he seemed to wander
>around between disciplines. One minute he would be
>doing routine electrical engineering calculations on
>resonating coils and transformers. On the next page he
>would be speculating about the "Dark rays of the sun"
>or something that sounds totally crazy.

     Richard Hull's "Guide to the CSN" makes a point in the preface
of reminding the reader that Tesla was working under less-than-ideal
conditions out in the "boonies" of CS. He often had to wait for
apparatus to be manufactured to his telegraphed instructions, then
shipped at great expense from "Headquarters" back in NYC. So Tesla
had to just sit around and wait weeks for some critical component to
show up before he could conduct his next experiment. From what I've
heard, this must have driven the restless Tesla (even more?) nuts!
     Probably contributed much to Tesla's "jumping around" on
seemingly different disciplines, and going off on wild theoretical
tangents while killing precious time.

-Phil LaBudde

I can tell you haven't spent much time in a barn, even a 5-sided one, on the plains
of Colorado. *grin*  You can take it from me the total utter screaming boredom
 would lead me, for example, to speculate on "The Dark Side Of The Moon".

Sorry about that, but it is a point.

 *grins*, Dave