Re: Tesla Receiver Coil

"I never have, above my signature, announced anything that I did not prove first. . . .

Does that include his famous predictions that Hertzian waves would disappear from the scene by 1920?

No, it doesn't.  Nevertheless, he did say this:

I am most interested, however, in the perfection of broadcasting which is now carried on with unfit apparatus and on a commercially defective plan. The transmitters have to be greatly improved and the receivers simplified and in the distribution of wireless energy for all purposes the precedent established by the telegraph, telephone and power companies must be followed, for while the means are different the service is of the same character. Technical invention is akin to architecture and the experts must in time come to the same conclusions I have reached long ago. Sooner or later my power system will have to be adopted in its entirety and so far as I am concerned it is as good as done. If I were ever assailed by doubt of ultimate success I would dismiss it by remembering the words of that great philosopher, Lord Kelvin, who after witnessing some of my experiments said to me with tears in his eyes: "I am sure you will do it." -- Nkola Tesla, "World System of Wireless Transmission of Energy," Telegraph and Telegraph Age, October 16, 1927"

He said it but where is "my power system'? Wonder if there's any source of the Kelvin quote except Tesla himself?

Ed