Re: materials of electroddes for Neon gas tubes..

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mercurus2000" <mercurus2000@xxxxxxx>
>
> I would like to make a electrodeless neon tube using plastic.. That's why
> I've been asking.

It won't last very long.  I'd use glass-covered electrodes (such as short
glass tubes with one closed end and foil or nickle-paint inside.  If
possible, keep the plasma from touching the plastic.  Perhaps you could
jam lots of short glass segments into some plastic hose.  That way the
hose would still be flexible, but the plasma wouldn't destroy the plastic
surface.

It's cheaper to use EL "neon wire" such as G15574 from http://www.goldmine-elect.com

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-789-0775    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci