Re: Potential gradient between two spheres?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "Denicolai, Marco" <Marco.Denicolai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hello all,
I'm still developing a working model of the breakdown discharge based on
the work of Gallimberti and others.
The idea is to apply it for modelling TC discharges. I'm writing it
using Matlab (not really a delight!).
I am looking for a practical equation to calculate the potential
gradient between two spheres of different radii. The potential gradient
along their mutual axes is enough. Has anybody got any paper in PDF, PS
or whatever format so that I could find my answer quickly?
Thanks for your help
P.S. Potential distribution between sphere (or rod) and plane is readily
available from many sources, but sphere to sphere is a pretty complex
equation and I haven't found it yet.

I have the exact formula for the breakdown voltage between two spheres of different radii here: http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/capcalc.pdf The references have its deduction.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz