Re: Tesla Receiver Coil ..........success?

Hi,

Be very very careful about hooking long wires to Tesla coils as antennas!! Outlawed since the 30's, spark gap transmitters will set off every FCC alarm in the country if you do it just right!! They have automated triangulation and location to about 10 feet from wideband fast receivers all over the country. They are especially hyper after 9/11...

Word on the street is that they are kind of board and looking for something to do these days =:O So keep those wide band transmitters at real low power and try super hard not to bother anyone...

Normal well grounded coils are very poor transmitters and hardly ever get noticed (or if they are noticed, nobody cares...). But hooking up antenna to increase the range a few thousand extra miles is almost a sure bet for getting far more notice than you ever wanted!!! Best to stay stealthly {8)

Cheers,

        Terry