Re: Kill-A-Watt vs. analog wattmeter

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Ideas like that might get me carried away Steve!

Well, I figured you were completely insane already so
there is nothing I could do that would make it worse
;)

> I mean, what is to > stop us from using this little kill-a-watt meter to > meter huge tesla > coils.

Nothing at all. Except if you feed a 120v meter with
one leg of a 240V line, you don't know if both legs
are precisely equal, so that might introduce some
inaccuracy. If you're worried about that, run the
meter off a small 240 to 120 stepdown transformer. And
remember to multiply the reading by 20 now (or use a
5:1 CT)

Oh and the current shunt might be in the neutral pin,
not the hot :-/ I never thought to check which.

Steve Conner