Re: Re[2]: Lightning Gun To Combat Terrorists

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> And as for
> destroying rocket propelled grenades....  (I have
> trouble destroying
> aluminium foil)

Yeah, don't XADS sell flying pigs too? :^) I remember
the fuss created on the Pupman list when Pete Bitar
unveiled his first Tesla weapon. I only ever saw one
picture of a functional Tesla device associated with
him. It was of him posing with an ordinary SSTC that
he bought off Steve Ward (afaik)

There was also a picture of a marine looking guy
wearing combats and wielding a large very odd shaped
rifle, but no pictures of this "weapon" in operation.
That picture was later removed from the XADS website.

My own technical analysis of the situation: According
to what we know about Tesla coil operation, to produce
10ft sparks would need a weapon similar in size to
Steve's biggest DRSSTC, plus a big battery pack. Even
if you could manage to wield such a large piece of
equipment (makes Arnie's mini-gun look like a
derringer) you would still have the problem of what to
do with the tens of amps of RF ground current.

Steve Conner