Re: Lightning Gun To Combat Terrorists - WHERE IS THE RETURN PATH???

Hi,

Radio waves only need an antenna long enough to create a potential difference in the presence of electromagnetic waves. They operate in free space such as on satellites and space craft. In a real way, EM waves tend to bring the ground path along with them ;-)

However, in the case of the Tesla coil taser gun thing, a ground path is needed which is apparently provided by a ground spike on the shooter's boot.

I have not heard yet if the taser gun actually showed up at the Teslathon and if it seemed practical...

Cheers,

        Terry