help for microsim

Original poster: d a <btoc3000@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey all,

I downloaded the schematics from <http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/sims.html#files>http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/sims.html#files for microsim8.0

Can someone help me out on these few schematics that are listed there:
coupling,
static
resonant.

What I did was to replace the L and C for my primary/secondary into these files but what I am getting from the graph generated are very far-off from the computed values using the formulae. Take for eg. resonant schematics, what exactly can I change and what not to change to observe the resonance frequency?

Please advise.

Thanks!
Sam

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Original poster: Terry Fritz

Hi Kurt,

I doubt if Orcad has changed anything important. I looked through
their stuff and the only improvement that stands out is you can now
us "2K2" to represent the value of a 2.2K ohm resistor. There are
lot of fluffy changes and some advanced stuff added but that is not
useful for Tesla coil work. As far as I know, version 9.1 is the
only demo version available and has a few bugs fixed over version 8.

The files should all read fine. I use Version 9.1 and don't plan on
changing that.

Cheers,

Terry

At 04:55 PM 9/3/2005, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I remember: for a longer time, Microsim 8 demo version, was a quasi
>standard, as dynamioc simulation tool for coilers. In between Microsim has
>become OrCad, and several version s have passed. I'd be interested to hear
>some opinions, if and what _relevant_ advantages are eventually experienced
>with the newer versions. Should I change to the available OrCad version 10
>now - is it worth the effort, and what about exchangeability of the files?
>And of course: compatibility with the continuous marketing of this #!()&/
>Windoze, will also become a problem, some time... Excuse the slightly OT
>asking.
>
>Regards,
> Kurt

Do you Yahoo!?