Re: Lightning Gun To Combat Terrorists - WHERE IS THE RETURN PATH???

Original poster: stork <stork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Electromagnetic waves induce alternate voltages/currents in what serves
as antenna (anything conductive). There is no "ground". Everything is
differential.

CORRECT

It's merely a differential and not referenced back to the transmitting source.

That device does not send an electromagnetic wave. It sends a current.

There are many such "nonlethal" devices being tested by the department of defense currently. I have my doubts about any directed TC type weapon that shoots a current at a distant target. I think the picture of the device in question is most likely a fake.

There are microwave "nonlethal" weapons like the ones reportedly in place, but not activated, at the Republican National Convention last year for crowd control. These are true EM weapons. They are designed to deliver a burning sensation to the targets skin. The weapon shooter can vary the intensity of the EM beam and thus the target effect. Of course, opponents of these microwave systems claim that if the target has on metal like a belt buckle then a real skin burn may be produced.
These microwave crowd control weapons are either hand held or mounted on small military vehicles.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz
Stork