Re: Hunting For Pigs...

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Bah.  Forget about that particular auction; looks like
$5k doesn't meet the reserve.  I should pay closer
attention.  There's also Aaron Equipment Corporation
on eBay (no relation to me, I'm afraid).  If you want
truly enormous pigs, live in Illinois, and have real
money to spend on your hobby:

http://stores.ebay.com/Aaron-Equipment-Company_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm

Type "transformer" in the search box and start
drooling :)

In short:  eBay is a great place to find transformers
if you happen to be in just the right place at the
right time.  To get a good deal, you're almost always
going to have to transport the thing yourself.  As
soon as you start factoring in shipping on large
transformers (like any kind of pig or bigger), you're
dead meat; the shipping charges will overcome the
price of the transformer almost immediately!

Cheers,
Aaron, N7OE

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-19-transformers-w-insulators-bells-and-cut-outs_W0QQitemZ7542811276QQcategoryZ4665QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem