RE: Household NEUTRAL is not really a return path

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Or should I
> join them all together and make a "super" gound, and
> run everything
> together into that?

It depends on whether you want to fry your own
electrical appliances, or all your neighbours' as
well. ;)

The general advice is to try and keep the RF ground
currents from the coil out of the electrical wiring.
But when you factor in strikes to the primary,
displacement currents induced in surrounding objects,
and even strikes to surrounding objects, it all gets
horribly messy and hard to predict what will happen.

While playing with a DRSSTC indoors, I once got a 3ft
strike to a central heating radiator in my house. I
swear I saw the radiator arc about 2" to the wall,
even though it was meant to be grounded through its
piping.

Steve Conner