Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Back when I was in high school some 30 years ago, I set up an experiment to do just this.

Thank goodness, I was getting worried that I was talking total nonsense.

It failed miserably, not due to the phenomenon not existing, but due to the "very small" effects you've mentioned. The changing magnetic field produces small E field, but also induces a voltage in every conductor near by, and that dominates the whole thing.

I hope I'm not muddying the waters here. But surely that voltage induced in the conductors _is_ the very same E-field you're looking for? I reckon the V=M*di/dt that you see is just Maxwell's curl E = -dB/dt but seen from a circuits perspective instead of a fields one.

Steve C.
http://www.scopeboy.com/