Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

Original poster: Paul Nicholson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Jim Lux wrote:

> there are all sorts of signal analysis techniques that can
> identify a "wandering high Q resonator", effectively producing
> a very long integration time.

> There are many, many ways to skin that cat aside from looking
> at it on a spectrum analyzer or with a series of FFTs.

Appreciated.  I was confining my comments to the techniques
I have available here - in case anyone asked for data!

Another difficulty with the wandering Fres hypothesis is that
whatever system is modulating the Fres of the cavity must be
exchanging energy with it.   For example, if the cavity walls
are stretched, work must be done against the cavity E field,
etc.  Thus the cavity is energetically coupled to 'some other
system' which in turn is no doubt lossy in some way if it
is producing random (rather than periodic) modulation of the
cavity.
--
Paul Nicholson