RE: DRSSTC, OLTC, OL-DRSSTC, M.I.C.,K.E.Y M.O.U.S.E. TC... Re: ALF: why not DRSSTC?

Original poster: boris petkovic <petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Steve,
-----
> >Have you measured your OLTC II (below the streamer
> >threshold breakout) in order to evaluate these
> >figures?
>
> Below breakout, all of the energy is lost one way or
> another. I guess
> the question is how much of it gets lost by the time
> of the first
> output voltage peak.
-----
Yes,that was the question.By the time of max.
secondary output voltage occurence ->associated with
the energy transfer in first "notch".
-----

> Without an accurate way of measuring the output
> voltage, I can't say
> for sure.
-----
Good and rather accurate method of the msm,below
breakout,is the system using a plane wave antenna
array.
Here is the one constructed by Terry F:
<http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/planant/waveant3.html>
-----

> But since it was capable of breaking out
> an 8" x 24" spun
> toroid, I know the output voltage was around 560kV.
> The theoretical
> output voltage with a primary capacitance of 14uF @
> 1kV, and an
> output capacitance of 32pF, is 660kV. So from
> conservation of energy
> I can say it was around ((560/660)^2)*100 = 72%
> efficient.
>
> I also measured the resistance of all the components
> in the primary
> loop, and estimated the IGBT voltage drop. That
> suggested a total
> energy loss in the primary circuit of around 0.6J
> per bang, which
> would have made it 90% efficient.
>
> So all I can say is that it was somewhere between
> 72% and 90% efficient :-/

-----
I also estimate it should be more than 75% efficient.

Best regards,
Boris