Simple Rotor balance approach

Original poster: Jared E Dwarshuis <jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx>

There are two types of ballance, static and dynamic. A static ballance
may work just fine, but it is not good enough for all situations.

One can have a disk with perfect static ballance, that is still
horribly imballanced. For example, suppose I placed a large bolt that
protrudes a few inches from one face of the disk. Then I rotated the
disk 180 degree and placed another identical bolt on the opposing
face. Now we have a situation where we are staticly ballanced, but our
dynamic ballance is horrible.

If you still have roughness after a static ballance you might consider
consulting a
Speed shop. They can dynamicaly ballance parts such as flywheels,
perhaps they can ballance a rotor as well.

The materials Gar-lock, G-10 etc. (can) have a lot of variation in
thickness from one side of the sheet to the other,in which case
dynamic imballance would be inevitable.

Sincerely: Jared Dwarshuis