Re: Testing 833A's

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 2/14/06 1:39:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall" <jpeakall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,

I have recently obtained four 833A's and plan on making a TC with one of
them. I'd like to find a way to test the tubes. Oddly, my none of my tube
testers have a socket for 833A's :-0.

So, any suggestions as to how to test them?

Thanks,

Jonathan
www.madlabs.info

Hi Jonathon,

    Step 1
 filament test:
The filament requires 10 V and should glow brightly while drawing 10 Amps.

Step 2
Once the filament has stabilized, applying 1000 V to plate and no grid bias, should result in a plate current of about 250 mA.

For more thorough theory and testing, consult RCA manual TT-3 or TT-5. tt-5 reprints are available.

Hope this helps.

Matt D.