Re: Terry's New Plane Wave Antenna

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Terry Fritz <vardin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi,

> It is well known that coils tend to charge up the surroundings
> negatively due to the fact that negative voltages arc "easier" than
> positive ones.  Ie, mercury arc rectifier.

R.Hull wrote:

"conditions:

 1. My standard 500khz small Tesla system set up as on prior occassions.
 primary tank presented a 38 ohm surge impedance (.008ufd -at- 12uh)
 2. Used a DC supply reported on before.  Impedance of supply 60k ohms
 (deliberately current limited). supply set for 5kv prior to gap breakdown
 in all experiments.

 4. Toroid on coil with tungsten needle point protruding 2" out beyond
 shading field of toroid.

 Measurement devices:

 1. 12" ball at range of 5' from coil attached to Keithley 610C
 electrometer to measure the DC or electrostatic component of the coil's
 output.  (note*  bandwidth below 1 khz)  Used as a coulombmeter only in
 these experiments.

 Results of tests:

 4.  It appears that there is no extant artifice which will reverse the
 sign of the accumulated charge. It was positive (+) inspite of over 22
 iterative connections of the primary tank,  power supply polarity
 connection,  power suply/ground linkage,  resoantor base/tank linkage,
 DC/Ac supply usage, etc.  I just couldn't acquire a negative charge under
 any circumstance!!!  Please, someone show me it can be down!!  I have
 exhausted my possibilities here."

and some more:

D:\MY\TESLA\www.pupman.com\listarchives\1997\january\msg00181.html

"Explanation of the positive E.S. charge

[...]
the absolute absense of the negative charge anywhere outside of the Tesla coil's
sparking circle."

D:\MY\TESLA\www.pupman.com\listarchives\1997\january\msg00875.html

"RE: Explanation of the positive E.S. charge

[...]
Here is what is consistantly recorded with Keithley electrometers
and or electroscopes:

AT NO TIME,...EVER,... BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER, FIRING OF THE TESLA COIL IS
ANY COULOMBIC CHARGE COLLECTED ON A SURFACE WHICH IS NEGATIVE!!!!!

No artifice performed upon the normal Tesla coil circuitry can yield a
negative charge collection process on a remote isolated capacity!"

so yeah, Terry - "It is well known that coils tend to charge up the surroundings
negatively" - it is well known only to you i guess? or R.Hull was totally
wrong again? :-D

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D