Re: Terry's New Plane Wave Antenna

Original poster: Paul Nicholson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

R. Hull was quoted:
> 12" ball at range of 5' from coil attached to Keithley
> 610C electrometer to measure the DC or electrostatic
> component of the coil's output.  (note*  bandwidth below 1 khz)
> Used as a coulombmeter only in these experiments.
> It was positive (+)
> I just couldn't acquire a negative charge under
> any circumstance!!!
> Please, someone show me it can be down!!

1)
Would not a negative space charge induce a positive charge
on a nearby electrometer probe?

Or does the 610C take that into account, when it says
'Output polarity is not reversed' in

 http://www.atecorp.com/Equipment/Keithley/610C.htm

2)
Did Hull ensure that the Keithley front-end was not overloaded
during the bang.   I have a homebrew electrometer which behaves
that way - fine until you overload it momentarily, after which
it retains a (in my case -ve) charge on the probe until you
manually discharge it.

As regards Terry's E-field probe, the only thing wrong
with it is the name.   Plane Wave?
--
Paul Nicholson