Re: 37XR inductance range

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Does anyone know if LCR meters are also incompetent for measuring
ferrite based inductors?  This could be very bad since the large power
supply ive been developing strongly depends on my LCR meter
measurements.

Anyone know of a good high power home-brew L-meter?

Steve Ward"

I'm not sure what you have in mind, but measuring the magnitude and phase of the current flowing in an inductor with the expected AC and DC currents flowing in it is the best way. You have to duplicate the actual operating conditions in order to expect to get the real value of what you're looking for. You can measure the impedance by dividing the AC excitation voltage by the measured AC current, but to get the inductance and resistance as separate quantities you need to have the phase angle between the two.

Ed