Re: Ballasting a Pole Pig (Revisited)

Hi Curt,

Leave the secondary completely open, then measure the primary current (current with no load). You should measure about 0.25 amp. Remember, this is just 240 Vac and the transformer, nothing else connected. Let us know your results. Maybe something will show itself if we take baby steps at the resolution.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "C. Sibley" <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

Tried ballasting with a LARGE wattage resistor, still
trips the breaker almost instataneously.  I'm
beginning to beleive that the pig is dead.  Anyone
have other suggestions?

Would driving it with a 6V transformer and measuring
the HV output be a reasonable test???

Curt.

msnip...