Re: Capacitance HELP

For small caps using a 3 number code, the first 2 numbers are the
value, and the last is the number of zeros after that value, the
resulting number is in pF.  So if you have 104, thats 100,000pF  or
.1uf.

Im not so sure about the "100k" marking myself.  I havent dealt with
those much, but i have seen a few.

1kV is often the actual DC voltage rating (pretty common on ceramics
to see 1k, 2k or 3k)."

As mentioned before, there is no one convention for markings in use and, unless you are certain you know what is being used on your parts it would be advisable to measure them before use. I have ceramic capacitors marked with the "3 number code above", some marked "7.5k" (for sure 0.0075 ufd), and some marked "10,000" (no letter) for 0.01 ufd.

Ed