Re: Homemade Voltage Divider

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

What kind of PSU do you have? I have this one:

http://hot-streamer.com/adam/garage/psu_34kV_1.jpg
http://hot-streamer.com/adam/garage/psu_34kV_2.jpg

and built this controller from an old VTVM:

http://hot-streamer.com/adam/garage/psu_34kV_3.jpg

My PSU outputs a voltage, 0 - 5 volts I believe,
relative to output. For calibration, I used a Maxwell
30nf 35kV cap and cranked it up until I hit my target,
which was 10 kV. I simply used the VTVM gauge and a
pot to fine tune it to match my DMM and HV probe.
Although I have used it as a handheld, my HV probe
cane with a removance tip, allowing me to hardwire it
to the circuit I'm measuring. I disconnect my PSU from
the shrinking circuit before firing it.

Adam