Re: History Channel Show on Lightning 1-25-06

Hi David,

It was a great show. Beautiful pictures of "spider" lightning. I was surprised at how close a lightning strike came to the space shuttle on the launch pad without hitting the tower. It looked like Daniel's big TC had a static gap using maybe 2 inch CU pipes. His toroid looked ugly but seemed to do a good job :-))

Gerry R

Hi all,

I haven't seen anyone post anything about this yet,
but did anyone see the History Channel program on
lightning yesterday evening (it showed at 8 PM EDT-
7 PM CDT locally). It had a good article on a huge
homemade Tesla coil made by Daniel Greenhouse
who was wearing the chainmail suit and letting his
15 ft. tall Tesla coil strike him while running. Is Daniel
Greenhouse on this list? It was a nice little cover of
a big Tesla coil.

David Rieben