Variac brushes & RF noise

Original poster: "MIKE HARDY" <MHARDY@xxxxxxxxxx>

Last week DC mentioned that the nasty RF fed back from the tank circuit into a variac brush, could burn it. It was suggested to use a line filter between the variac output, and the reactor to calm this noise. I am using 3 variacs in parallel, each with a 30 A output. Do you think it's ok to use a 3 phase line filter rated at 36 A per phase, one phase on each output (brush) ? Following this same logic, can I use a 3 phase contactor with each set of contacts rated at 50 A to switch the variac output?