RE: buying a pole pig

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 2:55 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: buying a pole pig

Original poster: Justin <rocketfuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,

The opportunity to buy a pole pig just landed in my lap.
This pig was in service recently and was taken down a couple of years
ago when a new road went in.

Do you all think there's any chance it would contain PCBs?

I'm a bit wary of even messing with this sucker, but for $50 I can't
pass it up...unless it's full of PCBs in which case it doesn't seem
like a good idea.

Anything else I should look for?  I'll bring a meter with me to test
continuity, but if there's anything else I can try I'd appreciate any
tips.  Not sure what the KVA rating it yet, but it's about 3.5 feet tall
so I imagine it's "big".

Regards,

Justin