Marinov Motors - Revisited

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>

This is a follow-up post regarding an earlier discussion regarding the operation of Marinov motors as whether they operate via thermal or electromagnetic means.

In this time that has passed since my original post, I have found three papers which provide theories and data on to the electromagnetic principles of the ball-bearing, or Marinov motor. These are IEEE papers, so unfortunately I cannot post them due to copyright reasons, but they are listed here and can be ordered from the
IEEE if anyone is interested in reading them.

"Study of Electrical Characteristics of Ball-Bearing Motor"
Paul G. Moyysides and Paul Hatzikonstantinou
IEEE Transactions and Magnetics, Vol 26., July 1990

"Ball Bearing Motors"
Watson, Williams, and Crimp
IEEE Proceedings, Vol. 140, No. 4, July 1993

"Ball Bearing Motors"
Paul G. Moyysides and Paul Hatzikonstantinou
IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 33, No. 6, July 1997

Dan