Re: 3/4 wave coil?

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Chris.

I think I see what you mean.
As I understand it, in a coil of
any given length excited with any frequency
within reasonable limits, there will be a point
of high potential after 1/4 of the wavelength.
I feel, the fact, that your coil goes on up to 3/4 l
will not change anything and you will just have
breakouts along the coil. The second Pri at
1/2 l would be pretty much in the line of fire.
I understood you did not want any breakout
at 1/4l but a "magnified" output at 3/4l aided
by the increased coupling.
Maybe, ff you could shield the 1/4 point beyond
breakout with a large toroid and use a smaller at
3/4l.
An interesting idea for magnifier driver systems, tough I
feel it could be hard to hit the the 1/2l spot along the
coil precisely. I am not sure how much misphasing of
the two induced currents can become a problem.

An interesting thought, but currently I myself don't see any
practical advantage.. which lets us conclude, that its
probably the best idea for decades ;-)

best regards

Christoph Bohr