RE: Mercury - not topic drift

Original poster: "Dave Halliday" <dh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

You are looking at refraction as much as density.  Think about heat
waves shimmering off a stretch of hot pavement and you get my thoughts.
They are not doing a Schlieren setup but they are somewhat close with a
small source of UV light shining through a test area onto a reactive
screen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlieren_photography

If there was that much mercury coming off the tooth and if they were
saying that it was categorically __not__ water vapor, why didn't they
re-do the test and heat the tooth in a dry oven instead of soaking it in
hot water.

Besides, as I said before, with a well-made amalgam, there is no free
Mercury and no free Silver to speak of.
A simple point of inorganic chemical fact.

People are making serious $$$ by scaring people into having unnecessary
dental work.
The alt-health care business follows Ted Sturgeon's law perfectly.
( "Ninety percent of everything is crud." )

Dave