RE: How low can a spark gap go?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

It does seem that the importance of quenching may be over-rated.  But
truthfully, my experience should not be taken to be proof of that.  The
problem is that with spark gaps, one cannot alter losses or quenching
without altering the other, so we end up comparing apples to oranges.
Perhaps when SISG technology matures, a true comparison can be made,
keeping Rgap constant and varying quench time.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA