RE: first coil progress...

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

Thank you Matt.  Let me just pull my foot out of my mouth here ...
<pop>.  There.

Yes - it would indeed be difficult to see pri-sec trades with no
secondary present!  I was thinking about there being longer intervals of
RF in the primary circuit without the presence of a secondary, which
triggered the thought of poor quenching, and my fingers somehow typed
the wrong words.  So yes, I meant to refer to a single, extended
ring-down per bang.  Wouldn't one long ringdown per bang result in a
significantly higher RMS current than one quickly-quenched ringdown per
bang, even though the initial peak current is the same?

Gary Lau
MA, USA