Pre-flight check......

Original poster: "Glen McGowan" <glen.mcgowan@xxxxxxxxx>

I just completed final assembly of my first 4" coil (well, first coil period for that matter). I wanted to let some of you take a quick glance and tell me if there are any obvious violations of the "TC code of ethics".

<http://cyplex.morpheus.net/TeslaCoil/Complete/>http://cyplex.morpheus.net/TeslaCoil/Complete/

Actual secondary winding length is 22 inches on a 25'ish inch form. NST is a 15/60. Topload is 4x19 sitting at 25 inches. 15 turns on the primary (which includes the tap as one turn). Resonant freq is around 212khz. I used 300amp battery cable as my hookup wire between components. Spark gap is set to fire at NST voltage to prevent resonance in the NST. Waiting on caps....will upgrade the MMC when they arrive.

I do have one question. Could I get by on a counterpoise instead of drilling through the garage floor to drive a ground rod? maybe 4'x4' piece of fencing?

Thanks to everyone who got me to this point.