Re: remote location of NSTs - away from coil base?

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes, the coax can be resonant under some but not all conditions. When I saw these high snakelike sparks spreadly evenly over my pole xmfr bushing I hit the off switch --- very fast.

Dr. Resonance
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 12:37 PM
Subject: Re: remote location of NSTs - away from coil base?

Hi DC,

Too bad, never again. I think there is much to be learned from your experience. Bad effects can be a good thing if we learn something from it. I still dont know what the mechanism is and can't seem to get any more info other than the "Blumlien effect" and google doesnt seem to help here. The cost of a PIG seems to be reasonable if we can learn something. I risked 4 NST's to learn more about ferroresonance (per your suggestion) and I think the knowledge was well worth the cost of all 4 NST's (which btw, I didnt loose).

Gerry R.

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Standard pole xmfr. Pri cap bank was .06 uF. Coax was RG-58. The effect was so horrible I was lucky the xmfr wasn't killed. Never again!

X-ray cable with it's thicker dielectric may contain less capacitance per ft than coax.

Dr. Resonance