Re: remote location of NSTs - away from coil base?

Hi DC,

Which end of the cable were the 50 ohm resisters on?? I presume they were in series with the cable. Did you try these resisters with the coax?? If the overvoltage involved reflections, having the resisters in series at the TC end of the coax may be very helpful in killing the reflections.

Gerry R

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

With our pole pigs we always use 12 ---- 200 watt resistors in parallel ---
final impedance is 50 Ohms which sacks most transients from hitting the pig. We use an air core choke between resistors and sparkgap also with our pole powered systems. Pigs may take it for awhile but I don't believe in child abuse (piglet abuse in this case).

Good engineering is always a good idea.

Dr. Resonance