RE: Big Toroids, collective conscious brain storm

Hi,

It could probably be left sharp. But maybe 1/4 inch copper tubing bent into a circle with a slit on the outside that could be slipped over the edge. Maybe best just to use cattrack or that stuff they use on metal edges just for safety.

I suppose the edge could also extend inward flat for about an inch too. Depends on how the roller machine bends it. If it were like 1/4 inch thick, then the edge could just be rounded over.

If a shop could make them. A bunch of raw split shells could probably be put one inside the other for shipping. It is a little hard though since it should be a full 1/2 circle as opposed to say 1/3 circle.

I wonder if a strip of mesh or something could be naturally formed or flexed into the shape.

Cheers,

        Terry