Re: LCLR Resonance...

Original poster: "Rajesh Seenivasan" <rajeshkvs@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello everybody,

Thanks for guiding me.

Sory for not including my circuit with my earlier mail. Here is the ASCII circuit:
(use fixed width font like "Courier New" font to view the circuit)

  --------R--------L1----
  |   (0.1ohm)  (100uH)  |
  |                      |
  |                  ---------
  |                  |       |
  |                  |       |
  |                  |       |
 AC          (333nF) C       L2 (20uH)
 src                 |       |
  |                  |       |
  |                  |       |
  |                  ---------

At (or very close to) resonant frequency:
1. the magnitude of currents thro C and L2 (tank circuit) were same and were IN PHASE with each other (probably 180 degrees phase difference?).
2. the current thro C was IN PHASE (or 180 deg phase diff?) with AC src.
3. But, the current through L1 was not in phase with the AC source. The phase diff was approximately 90 deg (by looking at the two waveforms using oscilloscope).

In my auto-tuning circuit, I would like to use the current through L1 for feedback. If it is not in phase with the AC source voltage, how do I use it as a feedback for auto-tuning?

Thanks in advance,
Raj.