pain from coil strikes (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 18:41:09 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: pain from coil strikes

Hey everybody,
     How come half of the websites I read say that coil secondary strikes
are virtually painless, and you can get RF burns and not know it; when I get
struck by my small coil (12+ in arcs) it hurts pretty bad (so I obviously
avoid getting hit).  My coil is a spark gap type, but I have read about
"painless arcs" from all types of coils, what is the deal?  Am I especially
sensitive, or is everybody else numb?  Or is there something wrong with my
coils?  Thanks.
Scott Bogard.

A new home for Mom, no cleanup required. All starts here.